The technical stuff
- Don't use music with copyright protection, it may be blocked.
- If you're new to YouTube, by default, the platform requires you to request a limit increase to upload any video longer than 15 minutes. To do so, follow the instructions in the link below - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en
- Make sure your video is set for PUBLIC or UNLISTED viewing.
- If you're using a phone, set it to airplane mode to avoid unwanted interruptions during filming.
- Ensure your filming device has enough battery life and memory to film the entire WOD.
- Set up a back-up recording device! Hedge your bets with two cameras going, the odds are better that you’ll get a successful video.
- Athlete should state name, division and affiliate.
- All equipment used must be shown (per event details).
- A timer must be in sight at all times (Tip: if gym timer not available use a tablet. There are several free apps you can download. We love WeTime.)
- If a video is required for submission, upload yours with plenty of time to spare. Uploading large video files can take a long time!
- We support link Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Google Drive, Dropbox or iCloud.
- If you run into technical issues uploading to the video platform, please contact that platform's support directly. Uploading issues are outside our domain.
Also, Check This Out!
- We've pulled these tips and more into a handy blog to help you create the best workout video submission EVER: https://thegranitegames.com/create-successful-video-submission/